Call for Satellite Workshops
|Sunday, 30 April 2023
|Workshop Proposals Deadline
|Saturday, 20 May 2023
|Workshop Acceptance Notification
The ICIP 2023 Organizing Committee invites proposals for Satellite Workshops, a new initiative for the IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP). The aim of the Satellite Workshops is to enrich the conference program, attracting a wider audience, and enhancing inclusivity for students and professionals.
The ICIP Satellite Workshops will be half- or full-day events that will take place 1-2 days before the main conference technical program at the conference venue. Their main emphasis will lie on clearly focused and emerging topics that are not specifically covered in the main conference and/or enable thematic synergies between the IEEE Signal Processing and other related societies. The workshops may include a mix of regular papers, invited presentations, keynotes and panels, encouraging the participation of attendees in active discussions.
Organizers of the ICIP 2023 Satellite Workshops will be responsible for the workshop scientific planning and promotion, including the setup of their external web-site (this will be linked from the main ICIP 2023 site but not hosted there), running of the paper reviewing process, undertaking all communication with the submitted paper authors, creating and announcing the event schedule, abiding by the Important Dates listed below, and seamlessly communicating with the Workshop Chairs.
Submitted workshop papers should abide by the ICIP 2023 paper style, format and length, while their peer-reviewing process should follow the main conference reviewing guidelines, if the workshop papers are to be published at the IEEE Xplore Digital Library. The final accepted papers are to be uploaded to the ICIP 2023 paper management system under a separate track. Similar to the main conference, there must be an author of each accepted workshop paper presenting it in-person.
The ICIP 2023 organizers will handle workshop registration, allocation of facilities, and distribution of the workshop papers in electronic format. Note that workshop attendance will be free-of-charge for the main conference registrants, while a reduced registration fee will be charged to workshop-only attendees.
Required Workshop Proposal Information
Each proposal for the Satellite Workshop must include the following information:
- Title: A short descriptive title of the proposed workshop.
- Duration: Half or Full day.
- Organizers: Names, affiliations, contact information and short bio.
- Description: Discuss the motivation, impact and main directions of the workshop.
- Explicit statements as to why the subject(s) covered warrant a dedicated workshop outside the main conference, how this would complement the main conference and its relevance to it, how it could generate a new momentum in the field, and aspects of novelty (emerging fields), interdisciplinarity, and synergies with other societies.
- Planned composition: What mix of regular papers, invited presentations, keynotes, and panels (having all is not required) is envisaged with any specific tentative information on specific contributors, if known. In addition, details should be provided if any competitions / challenges are planned.
- Measures to ensure diversity and address any ethical issues (e.g. shared data).
- Attendees: Expected number of attendees and their background.
- Publication to be included in IEEE Xplore Digital Library: Yes / No.
- Experience: Details of organizers’ experience in organizing related events.
- Remarks: Any other relevant information.
The proposals will be judged based on their thematic relevance, focus and novelty, the potential interest and excitement they may generate, the credentials of their organizer(s), and the proposal completeness in terms of the provided information.
|Workshop Proposal Submission Deadline
|Sunday, 30 April 2023
|Workshop Proposal Acceptance Notification
|Saturday, 20 May 2023
|Workshop Website Online
|Monday, 5 June, 2023
|Workshop Paper Submission Deadline
|Friday, 30 June, 2023
|Workshop Paper Acceptance Notification
|Sunday, 30 July, 2023
|Workshop Camera Ready Paper Deadline
|Monday, 7 August, 2023
|Workshop Author Registration Deadline
|Tuesday, 15 August, 2023
All inquiries should be sent via e-mail to the Co-Located Events Co-Chairs (Rajasvaran Logeswaran and João Ascenso) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proposals for the Satellite Workshops must be submitted online by the deadline.