IEEE SPS 5-Minute Video Clip Contest (5-MICC)
Topic: Open Theme
Call for Video
The Signal Processing Society is pleased to announce the 5-Minute Video Clip Contest (5-MICC) at ICIP 2023 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 8-11 October 2023.
The 5-MICC aims to encourage the signal processing community to explain concepts in an innovative way using a video. The winners will be selected based on the quality of their project, novelty, clarity of presentation, and creativity.
This year the competition will run with an open topic within the scope of the ICIP. The submitted videos should address the following topics:
- Sensing, Representation, Modeling, and Registration
- Motion Estimation, Registration, and Fusion
- Synthesis, Rendering, and Visualization
- Deep Learning for Images and Videos
- Computational Imaging
- Learning with Limited Labels
- Restoration and Enhancement
- Image & Video Interpretation and Understanding
- Compression, Coding, and Transmission
- Detection, Recognition, Retrieval, and Classification
- Color, Multi-spectral, and Hyper-spectral Imaging
- Biometrics, Forensics, and Security
- Stereoscopic, Multi-view, and 3D Processing
- Biomedical and Biological Image Processing
- Image & Video Quality Models
- Emerging Applications and Systems
- One faculty member (the Supervisor)
- at most one graduate student (the Tutor),
- at least three but no more than ten undergraduate students. At least three undergraduate team members must be either IEEE SPS student members or SPS members by the time they submit the full 5-minute video (see below).
Organizing Committee - Student Services Committee:
- Angshul Majumdar, Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology, India
- Lucas Thomaz, Instituto de Telecomunicações/Polytechnic of Leiria, Portugal
- Shan Du, University of British Columbia, Canada
- Hemant Kumar Aggarwal, University of Iowa, USA
There will be three stages for the call
Submission of 30-Second Trailers
Submission deadline: 29 July 2023.
Announcement of the best 10 teams: 5 August 2023.
Each submission should include a report, in the form of an IEEE conference paper, up to 2 pages, on the main idea/concept of the full video that will be submitted with the related written script. The selected best 10 teams will be identified and invited to send the final 5-minute video to participate in the final competition.
Submission of the Full 5-Minute VideoFinal submission is now closed.
Submission deadline: 27 August 2023.
Announcement of the 3 best videos: 3 September 2023.
Three finalist teams will be selected by the organizers.
Final Contest at ICIP 2023 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia: 8-11 October 2023
The three finalist teams’ 5-minute videos will be available on a public voting platform: 10 Septeber - 10 October 2023. The final ranking will be decided by the organizers, also taking into account the popular vote. The winners and final team ranking will be announced during the conference.
More info and previous 5-MICC
You can find more information on the SPS 5-MICC site.